Information Collection, Use and Disclosure
During the course of your involvement with Pro Edge Realty, we may collect, use or disclose personal information about you for the following purposes:
- Assisting you to sell your property;
- Assisting you to purchase a property;
- Assisting you to lease a property (either a lessor or lessee);
- Assisting you to obtain a loan;
- Assisting you with payment or refund or bond;
- Assisting you with tenancy disputes;
- Coordinating repairs or maintenance of a property owned or leased by you;
- Recording or accessing information at the Titles Registry Office or other government agency;
- Recording or accessing information at the Residential Tenancies Authority;
- Recording or accessing information on tenancy information services or databases;
- Client and business relationship management;
- Marketing of products and services to you.
We may disclose your personal information to recipients within Australia or to overseas recipients. Should information be required to be sent interstate or overseas, we will take steps to protect the privacy of your information.
Your Personal Information
- Your full name;
- Your date of birth;
- Your residential address;
- Your postal address;
- Your email address;
- Your home telephone number;
- Your work telephone number;
- Your occupation and business address;
- Financial information including your details of your employer, income, name of bank or financial institution;
- Details of your spouse, de facto, dependent children, and roommates;
- Details of properties owned by you.
If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
In order to provide products and services to you, we may disclose your personal information to the persons/organizations described below:
- In the event that you are a seller or lessee, we may disclose your personal information to prospective buyers of the property owned or leased by you;
- In the event that you are a buyer or less, we may disclose your personal information to the sellers of the property you are purchasing or leasing;
- Your legal advisor(s) and the legal advisor(s) representing the other party(s) involved in your transaction;
- Your financial institution and/or financial advisor;
- Insurance providers and brokers;
- Utility providers and utility connection service providers;
- Persons or organisations involved in providing, managing or administering your product or service including independent contractors engaged by us as real estate agents;
- Tradespeople engaged by us to repair or maintain a property owned or leased by you;
- Organisations involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including maintaining or upgrading our computer systems;
- Persons or organisations involved in purchasing part or all of our business;
- Our related companies.
- To comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator
How Do You Collect My Personal Information?
Whenever it is reasonable or practicable to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. This may be:
- through your access and use of our website and completion of online forms
- by telephone, letter, fax or email
- during conversations between you and our representatives
Sometimes it will be necessary for us to collect information from a third party or publicly available source, such as a credit reporting agency, your legal adviser, your past or current employers , your previous lessors or property managers, and tenancy information services or databases.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. We take all complaints regarding breaches of privacy seriously.
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website and track users movements.
Access to, and correction of personal informationYou have the right to request access to your information and to request that Pro Edge Realty update or correct your personal information. A charge may apply for providing access to your information if it is of a complex nature.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Post: 123-127 Bamboo Drive, Cedar Vale, QLD, 4209